To turn on Automation for your Animals, Gear, and Buildings, you have to click on the Automation Panel (the menu with two gears and a number) on the lower-left part of your screen.
Once you do that, you’ll see a menu that pops up with a few Automation options, but also ON/OFF buttons on your Animals, Gear or Buildings. To enable automation for an animal or gear, leave it ON.
In the Automation Panel, you will find these options:
- On — turns Automation on for all of your animals, gear, and buildings
- Off — turns Automation off for all of your animals gear, and buildings
- Custom — restores your custom Automation with the animals, gear, and buildings you have manually selected
- Open All — opens all Greenhouses so you can harvest and plant more crops
- Close All — closes all Greenhouses
To hide the Automation Panel, click on the icon with the two gears again or close it by clicking the X in the top-right part of the popup menu.
Alternatively, you can turn on Automation for your Animals, Gear, and Buildings by hovering over the specific item you want to automate — but for this, you have to have Objects info > Complete in your Game Settings > Advanced tab.
When you hover over, you’ll notice a menu bar that includes the name of your Animal, Gear of Building, and a small OFF/ON button directly to its right. Click and choose the option you want.
Automation runs using OPs. Here’s more about OPs and how to get more: